Library Technician – 0.8, From April 24 until December 22, with a possibility of Ongoing thereafter.
A 0.8 role over 5 days with a 30 minute lunch break (which I have indicated is negotiable) will have a start time of 10.15 am and a finish time of 4.45pm
Specific Responsibilities are:
Specific tasks in the Library Technician role include:
- Timetabled circulation desk, including loans, returns, reservations and basic reference enquiries
- Monitor overdues trends, notices, VCE loans, staff loans and follow up where required
- Provide assistance to students and staff by directing them to appropriate learning resources
- Supervision of students before, during and after school in the LRC with the LRC team as per roster.
- Maintain the appearance of the library through the shelving of books, rearrangement of lighter furniture, preparation of displays, and tidying etc
- Manage the display and promotion of LRC resources within the school
- Undertake bibliographic searching and verification using computerised databases and bibliographic tools and Access-It database maintenance
- Assist with the lending of some AV equipment such as laptops and cameras
- Assist users with Learning Resource Centre based equipment such as photocopier, binder and paper cutter.
- Disseminate information to teaching staff and students as necessary.
- Lead the biennial stocktake of LRC resources
- Provide assistance with the Premiers’ Reading Challenge
- Manage the Access-It patron database
- Attend ES meetings, LRC meetings and professional development days when possible.
- Provide assistance with the development of the Year 9 Information Literacy program
- Assist in the identification of own training needs
Please go to Recruitment on Line to apply