All parents and guardians of the Mac.Rob community are encouraged to be active in the Mac.Rob Parents' Association by attending meetings, volunteering at activities or simply receiving minutes from the PA meetings. The association is a sub-committee of the school council and is open to any current or previous parent or guardian of a student of The Mac.Robertson Girls High School.
The Parents' Association aims to:
- Provide an opportunity for all parents to take an active interest in the school
- Organise activities that will be of benefit to the school community
- Provide a forum for ideas, information and feedback to benefit the school
- Strengthen relationships between the school and parents
- Provide parents with an opportunity to learn more about the aims of the school
- Provide parents with an opportunity to engage more with the school's development
- Enhance students experience while at the school
- Provide practical support to the school through working bees and other activities within the school.
- Support the work of the school council
- Raise funds for student activities that may otherwise be unable to be undertaken
- Raise funds to benefit the wellbeing of students
Funds raised by the Parents Association are used to support student activities and which have a school community benefit.
Generally PA meetings are held on the first Tuesday of the month (excepting when the date occurs during school holidays). Our meetings and activities are informative, fun and sociable and open to all parents. Meetings are at 6.50pm for a 7pm start, in the first floor meeting room in the Kings Way Building. Entry is via the Reception Area door.
The Association has an Executive Committee which is elected at the AGM each year in February. Nominations are accepted for any position prior to the AGM each year.
Committee Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org