The Mac.Rob Portrait Gallery
Nominations for alumnus to be recognised in the Mac.Rob Portrait Gallery in 2017 are now closed.
Our Portrait Gallery can be found lining the major corridor of the Kings Way Building and recognises past students who have made a significant mark in their field. The idea for the portrait gallery arose from the school’s centenary celebrations in 2005. The Making of Women by Pauline Parker in 2006 underscored the importance of capturing and acknowledging the mark made by former students. Establishing a permanent collection of images and biographies of eminent past scholars displayed in the corridors serves many purposes, but most importantly to inspire current students to achieve their personal best. It is also a tangible way to inform the whole school, as well as the outside community, of the many achievements of Mac.Rob students.
In 2016, our Portrait Gallery is currently made up of a collection of 50 past students who have become eminent women in their field. In the spirit of recognising our amazing alumnus it is time to add to our collection again and we are hoping to announce our new additions in Term 1 2017.
If you know of a past student you wish to nominate we require a current name and title, student name whilst at MacRob, time as a student at MacRob, photo and a 300 word vitae/summary on the nominee’s achievements. The Promotions and Development Committee will shortlist and consider nominations on October 3. The committee asks three questions as part of the criteria for selection which include:
At this school we have many high ability students who also have high expectations with regard to their educational/life outcomes.
Would this nominee inspire our students?
Has this nominee received recognition from the wider community?
Has this nominee made an impact in their field?
This committee is made up of representatives from the school community including: Dr Toni Meath, Dr Sonja Hood, Ms Delphine Cassidy, Ms Madeline Getson, Ms Yuliya Mik, Ms Reza Hoseinnezhad and Ms Margaret Webb OAM.
Thank you for all 2017 nominations, please contact Ms Lena Berias with any queries.
Alumni currently recognised in the current Mac.Rob Portrait Gallery
- Ms Rebecca Jean Beamish (nee Howell), Mac.Rob 1929-1931 - Industry
- Ms Jill Eastwood (née Lundie), Mac.Rob 1950-1951 - Academe
- Dr Sarah Edelman, Mac.Rob 1970 – 1973 - Academe
- Ms Esther Erlich (née Migdalek), Mac.Rob 1970-1973 - The Arts
- Dr Beatrice Faust (née Fennessy) AO, Mac.Rob 1953-56 - Academe, Social Activist
- Ms Dorothy Geyer, Mac.Rob 1942-1945 - Education Missionary
- Ms Nicola Gunn, Mac.Rob 1993-1996, The Arts – Comedienne
- Ms Antoinette Halloran, Mac.Rob 1983-1986 - The Arts
- Ms Joan Harris AM, Mac.Rob 1943-1945 - The Arts
- Ms Amirah Inglis, (née Gust,) Mac.Rob 1940-1943 - Writer
- Ms Lilian Leonard, (née Sayers) , Mac.Rob 1952-1955- Health
- Ms Eugenia Mitrakas, OAM, Mac.Rob 1962-1965 - Justice, Community Service
- Ms Sian Prior, Mac.Rob 1979-1982 - The Arts
- Professor Doreen Rosenthal (née Lapin) AO, Mac.Rob 1952-1955 - Health (Social Research)
- Ms Suzanne Margaret Russell (née Westcott), Mac.Rob 1954-1957 - Science and Technology, Community Service
- Ms Elizabeth Sheargold, Mac.Rob 1998-2001 - Debating
- Ms Susan Sherson (née Terry), MacRob 1955 – 1958 - Health
- Ms Dulcie Stretton CBE (née Dove), Mac.Rob 1936-1939 - Library Promoter
- Ms Wendy R. Taylor (née Brown), Mac.Rob 1955-1958 - Education
- Dr Clare Wright (née Perry), Mac.Rob 1983-1986 - Academe
- Hon Justice Sally Browne AM (nee Hamilton), Mac.Rob 1964 - 1967 – Feminist, Judge
- Ms Eve Ash, Mac.Rob 1965 - 1968 - Psychologist
- Ms Elizabeth Verghase, Mac.Rob 1998 - 2001 – Biomedical Scientist
- Ms Margaret Webb OAM (nee Wellington), Mac.Rob 1956 - 1959 – Education/Principal
- Dr Ida Lichter, Mac.Rob 1961 - 1964 – Psychiatrist/Writer
- Ms Tan Lee, Mac.Rob 1990 - 1993 – Bioinformatics Scientist
- Ms Destiny Deacon, Mac.Rob 1973 – Contemporary Artist
- Professor Ann Nicholson, Mac.Rob 1979 - 1982 – Academe – Computer Science Scholar
- Emeritus Professor Norma Chick, Mac.Rob 1943 – 1944 – Academe – Nursing Scholar
- Ms Jo Beaumont (1962) Music
- Ms Larissa Dubecki (1990) Food Critic/Writer
- Dr Alice Garner (1986) Actor/Academic/Historian
- Associate Professor Jennifer Gribble (1955) Academic and Literary Critic
- Professor Helen Hughes (1946) Economist Ms Debra Knight (1977) Business
- Dr Helen Light (1966) Academic
- Dr Catherine McMahon (1991) Academic
- Ms Jude Munro (1969) AO Government
- Dr Sonia Nagel (1973) Rheumatologist
- Ms Katharine Parton (1999) Music
- Ms Mavis Richardson AM PSM (1960) The Arts
- Ms Jenny Taing (2000) Law
- Dr Karin Tiedemann (1965) Paediatrics/Oncology
- Dr Valerie Volk (1955) Writer and Educator